Tuesday, February 7, 2012

leading learners...

My heart is full today. It is just full.


Learners... willing to lead.
This weekend was spectacular (spend the nights, lunch date with Katy and Hamzah, a middle school pageant, and a super bowl). Friday, we have a spend the night party with some of my favorite girls EVER - the high schoolers! I was just coming as a participant... a snack bringer... and had a few games in the car like APPLES TO APPLES and MAD GAB!! YES! :) I told the 11th graders, if they wanted some Jesus time during the night... it was theirs to plan.  


A seeker... finding TRUTH and fighting
to DELIGHT in it
16 girls showed up. 16 wonderful, beautiful, seeking girls. We had a blast! We played games, ate WAY to much, and laughed until we cried because Mad Gab and Apples to Apples are the most hilarious games EVER when you are happy and delirious! I mean... this is hilarious: one of the girls had the word "DRAMATIC" and the options to choose from were "Amputations, End of the World, (others I forgot), and BEANIE BABIES!"  Obviously... the end of the world is the most dramatic thing possible. Did she pick that? NO! She sat, thinking for a while, and then picked... (drum roll) BEANIE BABIES!!! We were laughing hysterically, and she said "duh.. I don't want to watch a movie about the end of the world... I want to watch movies about BEANIE BABIES!" bahaha. 


Joy in offering.
Then one of the girls says "I'm ready to worship Jesus now." YES! My heart just danced around inside. She set it up, picked the songs off iTunes we would be singing, and we worshipped! It was overwhelmingly great. No loud speakers, no words on a screen, no lights or guitar player... just us and Jesus. That's good stuff..


Then 2 of the other girls were ready to lead the devo... and I was ready to listen and learn.  It was beautiful. It was from their hearts and what God has been teaching them. It was so awesome to see them digging into the Word, becoming self-seekers (not just depending on a preacher to give it to them), and challenging and pressing into the hard questions. I really can't explain to you... my heart is just giddy thinking about it. They offered their talents, their teaching, their fears, their struggles, and their seeking hearts. Out of everything, these girls talked about 1 Chronicles 28:9-10:
9 “And Solomon, my son, learn to know the God of your ancestors intimately. Worship and serve him with your whole heart and a willing mind. For the LORD sees every heart and knows every plan and thought. If you seek him, you will find him. But if you forsake him, he will reject you forever. 10 So take this seriously. The LORD has chosen you to build a Temple as his sanctuary. Be strong, and do the work.”
They dug into what it means to follow God WHOLE-heartedly. To know His Word. To SEEK Him. What it means to be chosen and how to obey. They dove into what it means to be disciplined and delighted to study His Word!! Ohh...  It was really beautiful. We all listened, engaged, and learned. 
Learning and loving hearts. 


Afterwards, we started talking about the CHANGE we want to see in our church, our town, our lives. I see God working in their lives in the most amazing, even tangible, ways. They came up with the idea to sing, as a worship choir, in one of our Sunday morning services!!! This is a HUGE deal! These girls haven't ever been on the stage on a Sunday morning, let alone sang in front of the congregation.  They are willing to feel crazy, step out of the norm, be bold, and follow God's guiding in obedience!!! I am so excited for our church to SEE what God is doing in their lives.  I see it every week... but the other church members have NO idea how awesome and real and crazy awesome Jesus is being in these girls' lives! They want the opportunity to show them - not raise their hands in worship just so people will look at them... but to sing, to praise for HIS glory! Now... the idea blew up and God has taken off with it! Not only will they be doing one song... but the entire youth will be singing as a worship choir, youth will be doing the instruments for that Sunday's worship, Jacob will be involved. I am THRILLED!!! I cannot wait!!! Sunday... February 26th... I am claiming as a day of REVIVAL! A day of AWAKENING! A day of PRAISE! Please claim it with me. My heart, church, and town so desperately need it! I know God is faithful and He will be ever-present and blessed in the obedience of his followers - these bold and brave youth! :)  


I SEE God moving all around. I really do. I am aware of His movements, His nudges, and am so excited for what He has in store. He is faithful. He is a God who transforms hearts, who RAISES UP sinners and dead corpses! I'm all in! Please pray with me for February 26th. PRAY PRAY PRAY! And be excited with me and our youth!!! Our God is big! 


So that's what's happening in my neck of the woods! :) 






Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At February 7, 2012 at 7:18 PM , Blogger Vanceej said...

That is pretty awesome! I will pray that these young ladies will be a blessing to their church family & friends. You are a great example to them. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home