Wednesday, April 13, 2011

MY GIRLS!


Every time I think of you, I give thanks to my God. Whenever I pray, I make my requests for all of you with joy, for you have been my partners in spreading the Good News about Christ from the time you first heard it until now. And I am certain that God, who began the good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns. So it is right that I should feel as I do about all of you, for you have a special place in my heart.
Philippians 1:3-7

These are my best friends in the entire universe!!
This is Ami, Emily, Beth Ann (she's getting married), me, and Lindsey Jo (she's having a babay!).


I got to spend the weekend with them... FINALLY!!! My heart has been aching for them!! I can't explain what happens when we get together... it's like the universe is in harmony, everyone within a 10 mile radius becomes deaf (because of our loudness and laughter), and no one else has a clue what is being said because we speak in inside jokes! I LOVE IT! It brought so much joy and goodness to my life in such a short time period.  My heart always feels SO full when I'm with them!  - One time I said that and Jacob got a bit jealous b/c he thought I meant that my heart is empty when I'm around him.  So... I struggled through (put my foot in my mouth) explaining that it's a different kind of full when it's your best girlfriends... then I just changed the subject!

I hope everyone has friends like this - I can't explain out friendship except to say that it is TRUE, it is real, it is lasting, it is laughter, life, joy, understanding!!! It is good! We are together through the good and the bad. We drive for miles and miles to see each other, to comfort each other, to rejoice with each other. We remember each other birthdays and celebrate them, we remember aniversaries of loses and mourn together, we pray for each other daily, and we KNOW each other.  I don't feel understood by many people (my husband, mom, and these girls), but these girls know me, and THEY STILL LIKE ME! :)

A person standing alone can be attacked and defeated, but two can stand back-to-back and conquer. Three are even better, for a triple-braided cord is not easily broken.
Ecclesiastes 4:12

I also got to see more of my favorite people - Kira (my UT interpreting buddy), Becky (whom i MISSED so much and my heart was so sad I didn't get to see her more), and all the lovlies that attended Beth's PARTAY!!! :) 

I am blessed with amazing friends. 





Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home