Monday, April 11, 2011

Happy Birthday Hubby!!! :)

Today is my hubby's birthday!!

Isn't he beautiful?? :)

Here is a wonderful list of 23 songs with reasons why I love the songs and him.  I gave this to him this morning!! I love the corny stuff!! :)

1. Everlasting God by Chris Tomlin

Strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord, wait upon the Lord…
I just love thinking about you singing that song with your kissy lips. I also believe that the Lord has been teaching us about His strength in waiting. Waiting on a house, waiting on the youth to GET IT, and waiting on our city to change for the glory of God! :) I actually like waiting with you!


2. Would You Go With Me by Josh Turner
I love the chorus:
If I gave you my hand would you take it
And make me the happiest WOman in the world
If I told you my heart couldn't beat one more minute without you, girl
Would you accompany me to the edge of the sea
Help me tie up the ends of a dream
I gotta know, would you go with me
I love you so, so would you go with me
I love that we can go anywhere and do anything together!


3. Low Places by Garth Brooks
This just brings back fun memories of the ATO formal. I had fun with you just dancing, no worries, and just being together!


4. (skipped on purpose!)

5. God of this City by Blue Tree
I believe this song is the cry of our hearts for our city. We are believing God is in control of this city, and we are fighting for the salvation of souls there. I love being a warrior with you!

6. The Luckiest by Ben Folds
I feel even luckier now than I did on our wedding day and I felt REALLY lucky then! I love you with all my heart and fall more and more in love with you each day!

7. Cry Me a River by Justin Timberlake
I’m not sure, but I think this is the song that caused your infatuation with Justin Timberlake. We listened to his CDs countless times. Every time we were in the car, we listened to JT! You make me smile!

8. When I Say I Do by Matthew West
This was sung at our wedding and I absolutely love it. Every time I hear the song, I cry.
And I have never been so sure of anything before,
Like I am in this moment here with you
Now for better or for worse are so much more than only words
And I pray everyday will be the proof
That I mean what I say when I say 'I do'
Yeah I mean what I Say when I say 'I do'

9. Love is Not a Fight by Warren Barfield
Another song that was in our wedding. This song is so powerful to me. It just reminds me that you LOVE me. That you aren’t my dad, and you will stay with me no matter what happens. I love that promise. Our marriage is worth it.

10. Represent by Lecrae
Just a song the sums up our love for Lecrae and Pine Cove!


11. More Than You’ll Ever Know by Watermark
This song just makes me think of you and our relationship:
When I leave I feel like I've been near God
And that's the way it ought to be...
'Cause you've been more than a friend to me
You fight off my enemies
'Cause you've spoken the Truth over my life
And you'll never know what it means to me
Just to know you've been on your knees for me
Oh, you have blessed my life
More than you'll ever know…


12. All for You by Sister Hazel
I know this was the first song you learned (thank you, Jeff Hindman) on the guitar – a journey of music that has influenced your life, brought you closer to friends, and allowed you to connect with the Lord in new ways.


13. Your Love is Strong by Jon Foreman
So why do I worry?
Why do I freak out?
God knows what I need
You know what I need
I know you love this song and your spiritual gift is Faith and that is what this song is all about.


14. History in the Making by Darius Rucker
I know he was your boyfriend for a time, so I just wanted to pay tribute to him on the list. :)


15. You Can’t Stop the Beat (Hairspray soundtrack)
I loved that you took me to see Hairspray on Broadway in Birmingham for Valentine’s Day one year! It was one of my favorite presents ever! I love that you are willing and enjoy going to things like that with me!


16. Lips of an Angel by Hinder
Remember our brief obsession with Hinder? That was funny. You, Pokey, Bradley, and I all went to the Crawfish bowl to see them! We had a great time! We jammed out to their CD many times!!


17. Marvelous Light by Charlie Hall
This is one of your all-time favorite songs so I had to include it!


18. Proud of the House We Built by Brooks & Dunn
I just love this…
Oh, look at us today.
Oh, we've come such a long long way.
I'm proud of the house we built.
It's stronger than sticks, stones, and steel.
It's not a big place sittin' up high on some hill.
A lot of things will come and go but love never will.
Oh, I'm proud.
I'm proud of the house we built.

19. Seasons of Love (Rent soundtrack)
Wow! We loved Rent and wore the soundtrack out! I remember great times, blasting this song and singing at the tops of our lungs in the car! Good times! I love you!

20. Keeping Me Guessing by Francesa Battistelli
I think we experience this song together all the time:
'Cause I don't know how the story ends
But I'll be alright 'cause You wrote it
I don't know where the highway bends
But I'm doing just fine 'Cause You're in control
Even when I don't know where my life's gonna go
You're keeping me guessing
I love trusting God with you. I love guessing with you. I know He’s in control, and I’m so much more than okay with that!

21. You Said by Shane & Shane
First of all, we LOVE Shane & Shane. I always say I want them to sing me to sleep each night, but I know you secretly would love that too! This song is really powerful and it just echoes our heart of wanting ALL people to know Jesus!
You said ask and I'll give the nations to you
Oh Lord, thats the cry of my heart
Distant shores and the islands will see your light as it rises on us

22. I’m Too Sexy by Fred Said Right
You are a SEXY MAN and I love you!
I'm a model you know what I mean
And I do my little turn on the catwalk
Yeah on the catwalk on the catwalk yeah
I shake my little touche on the catwalk
ENOUGH SAID! :)


23. Forever by Chris Brown
I jammed out to the song everyday for 6 months before our wedding! I couldn’t wait to live in the same state, share a bedroom, and spend FOREVER with you!!! This song always makes me happy, do a little jig, and feel so thankful for YOU!!! I love you, Birthday Boy!!!



1 Comments:

At April 12, 2011 at 5:10 PM , Blogger Emily Joy said...

lips of an angel?!?! really?!?!

haha you two are hilarious! and i love you both!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home