Thursday, March 24, 2011

The Connection... My heart...

1 The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me,
because the LORD has anointed me
to proclaim good news to the poor.
He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted,
to proclaim freedom for the captives
and release from darkness for the prisoners,
2 to proclaim the year of the LORD’s favor
and the day of vengeance of our God,
tocomfort all who mourn,
3 and provide for those who grieve in Zion—
to bestow on them a crown of beauty
instead of ashes,
the oil of joy
instead of mourning,
and a garment of praise
instead of a spirit of despair.
They will be called oaks of righteousness,
a planting of the LORD
for the display of his splendor.
Isaiah 61:1-3


Tonight is The Connection Cook Out Kick Off! My heart is so anxious and excited and hopeful and crazy! The Connection is a vision that God gave me as I begin to hurt for and pray over our community.  I have never fell in love with a place like I have fallen for this community and town, but I DESPERATELY want the people of our town to fall in love with Jesus.  I presented the vision to my hubby, of course, my pastor, and the church congregation (that's a story in itself), and it was accepted and embraced by passion and wonderful people from out church.

Here's the vision for the Connection (pretty fancy, huh?)
The Connection will be a gathering, encouraging people from all churches, denominations, economic statuses, races, and backgrounds to take part in a free meal.  Relationships will form, scripture will be shared, and needs will be met (monetary, job coaching needs, etc.). Ultimately, the community will see and feel the love of Christ.  Through this ministry, all will feel accepted and welcomed by the body of Christ, The Church. This ministry is not for hand-outs or charity.  The motivation and reason for The Connection is to make disciples, unify the body of Christ, and to show the love of Jesus to the community.

My heart is so excited. 
Lord, we come with expectations for your love to be on display tonight. We come claiming our inadequacy and our utter dependence on you.  I pray you show up and show us what your want this ministry to become. I pray You receive ALL THE GLORY.  I am in awe and so thankful for the people have passionately prayed for tonight, who walked miles and miles handing out flyers door-to-door, and for the AMAZING God we serve.  Lord, tonight is yours. This ministry is Yours. This town is Yours.

I am claiming:
You are God of this city,
You are King of these people...
Greater things have yet to come and
Greater things are still to be done in this, Your, city

I love you Jesus.  Spirit, move tonight. I am thankful, Father.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home