Friday, August 27, 2010

uNpReDiCtAbLe

So, this week has been... a week. I was reminded this week that God is still in control. No matter how good we think we have it, how insane things may seem, OR IF WE THINK WE HAVE EVERYTHING TOGETHER.. God has ultimate control. I'm so thankful I don't have to know everything. I'm thankful that I can just live day by day. I am joyful because I know my God knows my tomorrows.  He has seen my tomorrows, He has created them, He has knit them perfectly together in His plan, of His Story. Oh, my God is great.
I am also thankful for His sense of humor... I know He laughs at me sometimes.  I am the queen of wanting to know what's going on. If I don't know what's going on... I become the Freak Out Queen.  I like to think I have God figured out sometimes, that I know what He's up to, and He likes to remind me that I HAVE NO CLUE! HaHa! I just wanted to share, first, 2 verses that have spoke to my heart this week:

25 Whom have I in heaven but you?

And earth has nothing I desire besides you.
26 My flesh and my heart may fail,
but God is the strength of my heart
and my portion forever.
Psalm 73:25-26

That is my heart's cry... for my Savior to be my One, True Desire!! Oh... I try and try but the world creeps in constantly! I yearn for my Lord and know that He is the only thing that truly satisfies... Him and His crazy plans!!

Also, I wanted to share lyrics a great song from one of my favorite Christian artists, Francesca Battistelli.  My heart has been singing it ALL week:

Got my thoughts

I got my words
Got this head full of answers
Got You wrapped up
Got You under control
See my future like the past behind me
I think I know where You’re leading
Don’t need no questions
Don’t need no rocking the boat


But I just forget all the mystery
I just forget who You are

(Chorus)
When I know that I know
What You have down the road
When I’m sure that
I’ve figured You out
Help me see that I’m small
That I can’t know it all
‘Cause You’re so unpredictable
‘Cause You’re so unpredictable


You said the foolish
Would shame the wise
To put my faith
In what’s beyond my eyes
And to believe You
I have to come as a child


So help me to rest in the mystery
Of what I can’t understand


Be blessed and joyful because life isn't boring... it's an adventure, the greatest expedition of them all... to seek the heart of the King.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home