Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Overwhelmed... yet satisfied...

It's been a while... I know. Lot's going on - physically, mentally, and emotionally. 


End of the semester craziness at work.
Dance recitals! Fun times... just BUSY! Here's my class! :) 
I told you my class feel apart... so these are the 2 that remained. :) We had a good time. It was hilarious when people realized it was me on stage... lots of church people stunned that I was a dancer.  Come on people! Get with the program... it's my life! Recital was good... lots of crazy girls with loud shoes on! Loved it.


We also had another Youth Sunday. God is GOOD!!! It was amazing!! :) Freedom will come to Troy! 

I know I've talked a lot about prayer... because I believe it's the way we tap into the power and presence of God... influencing CHANGE and MIRACLES.  Well... I got serious about asking Him, "Lord, teach me to pray." I found out when you do that... He gives you a TON of stuff to pray for. 


Through all of it - my asking, my requests, my overwhelmed heart, my seeking... He is teaching.  I'm thankful He hasn't given up on me and I know He never will. He continues to teach me and I learn... when I am available, humble, and LISTENING! 


So... what is the point of prayer? 
TO KNOW HIM! That's it! TO KNOW HIM! It's not to get results.  Yes... He always answers. He does show up. He is all powerful and is the God of miracles.  But the point of prayer is to know Him. To worship Him. To delight in Him and let Him delight in me. To SIT with Him. To hear and obey. For fears to be calmed because of WHO He is... not the situation I am in. For JOY and PEACE to be shared because I TRUST Him. To know Him... and to want to know Him more. 


The point of all things is to KNOW HIM.  The point of cancer, sickness, conflicts, thorns, struggles, death, and the burden of lost people is not to make us miserable and seek results... is for us get on our faces and to learn more about our Almighty, Amazing God through it all!  To get upset with God because He doesn't answer the way WE EXPECT is to miss the point of prayer.  To know Him... that is eternal life.  Jesus prayed that for us in John 17! Full satisfaction... true living happens NOT when we have everything we want, when things are good, or when all are healthy. True living happens when we KNOW God and long to know Him more. 


Francis Chan slapped me in the face the other day with one of his podcasts.  He was talking about prayer and read Psalm 27:4:

I'm asking God for one thing, 
only one thing:    

To live with him in his house       
my whole life long.    
I'll contemplate his beauty;       
I'll study at his feet. 

This is a "transcript" of one of David's prayers.  His ONE (1) request is that He just be in God's Presence... just adoring, worshipping, and studying with Him. THAT'S HIS ONE REQUEST!! Franny asked what the transcript of my prayer would look like. Umm... Would my ONE request be to just KNOW God? Umm... no. How I want my heart to just long for that. To know Him... knowing He will listen to my heart's desires as I listen to His. To TRUST Him in ALL things. To just contemplate His BEAUTY and study at his feet. 

What does the transcripts of your prayers look like? 


So... what do we pray for?
Any and everything.  1 Timothy 2:1 says the FIRST instruction of worship is to pray for ALL people everywhere. So... DO IT! I get overwhelmed with my ever-growing prayer list but my overwhelmed-ness just boils down to my laziness! We have to PRAY people! Stop with the excuses! 


Then if my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14



Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home