Friday, February 24, 2012

a weekend in the life of a youth pastor's wife...

Finally... the boys beat us in numbers!! Go fellas! 
This is the group we took skiing last weekend!!! IT WAS A BLAST!! Seriously... so fun! 
We stayed in Andrews, NC at a camp called Snowbirds. I have NO idea what to expect, but it FAR out did what I could have been expecting!!! It was GREAT!!! The staff loved on us lots, the food was pretty good, they PREACHED the Word... not watered-down happy-go-lucky campy stuff, and we enjoyed time together laughing. Let me just show you some stuff that went down.

First... Maggie pulled these AWESOME hats our of her suitcase and I HAD to have one!! If you don't think these are great... you need to... umm... eat a rotten banana.

They had this awesome 2-man swing that was open for us the first night!!! It was so fun! 
While waiting in line... I got told my various people that their guess for my age was anywhere from 14-17... WOW! The youth think this is hilarious... because people are SHOCKED when I tell them I am married and not 14-17. Everytime I rode with a stranger on the ski life (which I LOVE to do), they asked me what grade I was in... REALLY people? REALLY? Maybe it will be worth it when I'm 40 and I look like I'm... umm... we will go with 25! :)

We have some cool yutes!! So fun! :) 

Here's my hubs.  He's pretty cute and a great youth pastor.  
He's also a pretty dang good skiier!! He can ski backwards, navigate down the double black diamonds, and not die!! Not dying is key!! 

All of us looking cool with our gear! :) Had a great time. I made it my point to get on the ski lift with every girl to talk... I accomplished it for the most part.  :) I like to get them in a place they can't escape conversation! I love getting to know them and their crazy lives!! Aren't they adorable? 





This is Jacob's bromance.. Hunter. Just kidding... kinda.  Hunter showed up in our lives last semester and leads worship for the youth and college services.  He's a great guy and I love his girlfriend Stephanie!! So glad they got thrown into our lives and are just embracing our awkward, passionate, chaotic lives!!! :) 

Learning a lot about this word right now. What does OBEDIENCE really look like? What does a passionate, focused, Christ follower look like in Troy, AL? O... how I want to know. I hope I am seeking and He continues revealing to me along the way how I can just OBEY. 

One thing that I fell in love with at camp was their PRAYER CHAPEL!!! I believe in the power of prayer and God has shown me His presence in a prayer chapel... see here. This prayer chapel was just... captivating. There were different centers for different prayer-filled activities and things to pray for. I could have stayed there all day. I loved the paintings, writings, and pictures hanging on the walls, but I adored the things pictured below.  

Jesus PAID our debt. We have VICTORY!!! Oh... HOORAY!!!! 
We are now called to MAKE WAR on our sin... not settle with "struggling" with our sin.  MAKE WAR and fight for HOLINESS!!!! You already have the victory and the POWER that raised Jesus from the dead. YOU CAN'T LOSE! 

Don't settle for money, fame, or comfort. Living in God's will is the only thing that will satisfy our desperate hearts. 

I'm thankful for fun, crazy, laugh-til-you-pee-in-your-pants ski trips... but all the trips, Wednesday nights, Bible studies, and effort is only to glorify Him. :) I hope he enjoyed watching His kids acting like fools on the ski slopes, making new relationships, and all that goodness!!! 

YAY Ski trip!! Can't wait until next year!! 


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home