Monday, December 12, 2011

Dabbles of December

Just some thoughts:

I feel like God has lifted a veil from my eyes. I am seeing things a lot clearer now. I can see a glimpse of the eternal... a little past the here and now.  
I see me for who I really am... filthy rags... exchanged for beauty at the cross. He is revealing my yucky-ness to me so that He can begin to clean me up.  It takes saying some sorry's, changing perspective on things, doing things different, and CHOOSING joy. I am choosing joy and choosing to SEEK and SEE Him everyday and in every situation - not to leave Him in my car at work and pick Him back up when I head home - but to INVITE and USHER Him into my work place to change me, my attitude, and this University. 

Next subject-
2 weekends ago, me and Haleigh had the awesome opportunity to have a worship retreat with some of the most beautiful ladies (inside and out). We took the 11th graders to Olive Garden (yum) and then to a nice retreat hotel where we had a night of worship, confession, crying, restoring, and praying.  It was wonderful.

These girls have been with me for almost 2 years. I have seen a LOT of Jesus in them. Crazy things have happened and I have so enjoyed journeying with them.  I was thinking about how next year they will be seniors... and graduating... and I got a bit teary... :( I don't like that thought.  They are wonderful.  I can't wait to spend more time with the younger ones coming up into too!!!! God has blessed us with some AMAZING girls in the youth group. What a crazy thing to think that He has entrusted their hearts to me to mentor and love on and teach!!! :) 


Here are our Christmas card pictures - which haven't arrived BTW!!! it was hilarious trying to get Walter to cooperate!! HAHA!! 
He was crazy and so confused. 


They turned our pretty darn cute I think.  Walter finally calmed down a bit once we gave him a toy and Jacob held his jaw in the upward position with all his might!!! haha!!! 
I love my lil' fam!! :)

My heart is excited. I'm looking forward to a lot of things.  Choosing joy even in financial craziness, work, business, waiting, seeking, searching, studying, learning, making friends, loving on old friends, and everything else God has in store!!! 

This lady is ready to be purified. I am ready to be filled, be satisfied. I'm ready to be taught. I'm ready to be different. I am teachable. 



Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At December 12, 2011 at 3:19 PM , Blogger Christina Frasier said...

Love you my friend! =) I really enjoy reading you & Emily's blogs during my study breaks. Miss you

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home