Thursday, September 1, 2011

WoRdS

So I like words. I've mentioned it before... but I like words.
I think it's so awesome when a single word expresses so much!! When one word can express what you want, need, long for, pray for, desire, etc.  It's powerful.

Monday night we had the Bible study girls tell us one word that they wanted us to pray over them this semester/year.  They wrote some INTENSE prayers:
WISDOM, courage, WHOLE, thriving, HOPE, peace, BOLDNESS, victory, ZEAL
Those are just a few.

I began thinking about my word. What do I long for? What do I need the Lord to supply for my messy heart. I had originally told Elizabeth and Haleigh that I wanted the words 
VICTORY and FREEDOM
to be prayed over me. And I do. I want those words to be a banner over me, my marriage, our home, our lives, our church, our community, our country, our world! I desperately want that.  But my heart needs something different right now.  I am longing for 
PURITY and FULLNESS
As Paul prayed over us: May you experience the love of Christ, though it is too great to understand fully. Then you will be made complete with all the fullness of life and power that comes from God. Ephesians 3:19
I WANT THAT!! I want to live on the fullness of HIS life and power. I don't want to live on Anna's weakness, ideas, and excitement. I want more! I want to be consumed with His character, Holy Spirit power, and LOVE! 


I long for purity. 
The word PURE means "not mixed." So often we become mixed with the world, mixed up in our thoughts, tainted by culture - and forget to strive for purity. We don't filter out the bad, the lies, the sins. We just accept ourselves and a mixture - not willing to go through the pain of chiseling out the impurities. Well... I know it's scary to say because of what it could mean... but I'm willing. It might mean pain, tears, searching, seeking, questioning, BUT I WANT PURITY.
I want pure motives, love, thoughts, actions, plans, relationships. I want to live in a manner that is WORTHY of the gospel.  That requires devotion. That requires repenting and running. That requires daily submission to Him. More of Him and less of Anna - THAT'S THE KEY!! 
I want to live a blameless life. I long to hear the words "WELL DONE GOOD AND FAITHFUL SERVANT."  A pure, holy follower of Christ hears those in the end. How I long to live that way.  


Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At September 1, 2011 at 6:42 PM , Blogger Lindsey Jo said...

i like you.

 
At September 1, 2011 at 10:15 PM , Blogger Elizabeth Griswold said...

Yay! I'm glad I chose Zeal! It's been apart of my everyday life now. I'll pray 4 words over you now!:)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home