Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Old School Student Life!!!

I'm going Back to camp this weekend!! 

I'm really pumped! I wanted to share some old school pics from student life when Jacob and I were in youth!!! 
Aren't we cute?? 



I know, it looks like I took this picture yesterday even though I was probably 15!!! Hah! No wonder people always think I'm a high schooler! 
Please note that me and Jacob were ONLY "best friends" here. Haha! Could have fooled me! 



love this! :)

I love camp for many reasons and I hope the youth really allow themselves to EXPERIENCE camp and just the presence of God that IS THERE! 
I love camp because:

bond with your youth group
meet so many new people
 come face to face with the GOD OF THE UNIVERSE!
You get to wear bandanas!!
You get to chant cheers and go crazy all the time! 
Kristian Stanfill - hehe!
YOUTH WORSHIPPING JESUS WITH ABANDON
It's okay to be a morning person
camp food - yum!
water games
ropes courses
wonderful counselors who are so pumped and remind me of Pine Cove! 
intentional time with people
face paint
no sleep
lots of pictures! 
one piece bathing suites! ha! 
...

I love camp. That's obvious. I pray God is THERE and we get out of the way and let Him MOVE and CHANGE and ENGAGE! 

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At June 22, 2011 at 2:18 PM , Blogger Lindsey Jo said...

yeah, you look the same. jacob, not so much. i'm praying that the youth get shook up this weekend!

 
At June 22, 2011 at 3:57 PM , Blogger Emily Joy said...

Ahh! have so much fun at camp! you were made for camp! have fun with Jesus, and the children, and the bandanas!! love you!

 
At June 22, 2011 at 9:05 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

i like that you two ALWAYS comment. It makes my heart VERY happy!!!! I LOVE YOU!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home