Monday, May 16, 2011

Roots grow DEEP!!!

Let your roots grow down into him, and let your lives be built on him. Then your faith will grow strong in the truth you were taught, and you will overflow with thankfulness.
Colossians 2:7

I love this imagery of ROOTS!!! I absolutely LOVE it! Our faith, dependence, and knowledge of HIM should grow deeper EACH day!! Roots DEPEND on the earth for nutrients for survival.  We should depend on our Savior like that. Our roots should not be dependant on our emotions, our situation, or our own self-sufficiency! Plants can survive in any climate and situation if their roots are deep enough and strong enough to sustain them-deserts, tropical rain forests, humid places, etc. Whatever your season of life, let your ROOTS grow DEEP! He will sustain you! His word is all the nutrients you need. He is enough! 

Let your lives be built upon it!!! He is our foundation.  I have learned a lot about foundations recently.  My hubby and I are trying to buy our first house. WHAT AN AWFUL PROCESS. We fell in love with this one house. Put a contract on it and had it inspected. The house... after futher examination... was not the perfect house we thought it was.  THE FOUNDATION WAS NOT SECURE! Yikes! There was cracks and water damage. My heart was broken. But my God, as usual, used it as a teaching tool.  Our lives must be built on the foundation, the ROCK, of Jesus Christ. His foundation doesn't give way in storms, in rain, and it won't crumble because of cracks. He is eternal. He is good. Build your life on Him.  Not the world. The world will crumble and will fade. He alone can hold you up in the craziness of life! 

His Word is truth! The more I know Him, the more thankful I become! :) He is my joy and strength and my best friend.   He is my peace and I overflow! I love this verse. It is good. KNOW HIM and let Him KNOW you!!  Look at the words to this song I have fallen in love with.  You can listen to it too, because I'm cool and put it on here!

To Know You
To know You is to never worry for my life
To know You is to never give into compromise and
To know You is to want to tell the world about You
‘Cause I can’t live without You
 
To know You is to hear Your voice when You are calling
To know You is to catch my brother when he is falling
To know You is to feel the pain of the brokenhearted
‘Cause they can’t live without You
 
More than my next breath
More than life or death
All I’m reaching for, I live my life to know You more
I leave it all behind, You’re all that satisfies To know You is to want to know You more To know You is to want to know You more
 
To know You is to ache for more than ordinary
To know You is to look beyond the temporary
To know You is believing that You’ll be enough
‘Cause there’s no life without You
All this life could offer me
Could not compare to You, compare to You
And I count it all as loss
Compared to knowing You, knowing You
All this life could offer me
Could not compare to You, compare to You And I count it all as loss
Compared to knowing You, knowing You And I count it all as loss
Compared to knowing You, knowing You



Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home