Monday, June 13, 2011

Just some things...

  • I'm so pumped about going to Student Life camp in TWO weeks!!! I can hardly contain myself! If you know anything about me... you know I LOVE CAMP!!! I love bandanas at camp! I love being dirty and LOUD at camp! I love JESUS at camp!!! - We are taking the youth to camp at Louisiana Tech at the end of the month. I think I'm more excited than they are! Ha! I would live at camp for real! Be praying for us. Pray for open hearts. open minds. a passion to worship Him. a hunger for His Word.
  • I just got back from the Alabama Association of the Deaf Conference in Birmingham. They did an excellent job putting it together! I thoroughly enjoyed it. I wish I could have spent more time with by bestie Katy and my mommy... but that's life. What did I learn from the conference: 1) I don't have to know it all and I will never know it all. 2) I don't challenge myself. 3) I don't understand people sometimes - the Deaf community is SO strong and so passionate and CAN DO SO MUCH together... the community has the fire, the power, and the vision. That's all I know to say about that...
  • My husband is wonderful. He led worship on Sunday for big church while our music minister was on vacation. I love seeing him worship and worshipping with him. He hasn't had the opportunity to lead worship lately so it blessed my heart. :)
  • My BESTIE has a blog and I'm pumped about it.  Follow her: http://emilyjoy-totheworld.blogspot.com/. She's very clever and funny... WAY funnier than me.  She loves Jesus and I honestly don't know where I would be without her. I miss being with her 22 hours of everyday! That's how we were in college and it was wonderful. She is just a good person :)
  • My neice, Johanna will be here in LESS THAN 2 MONTHS!! Ahh!!!! So crazy!! I'm so pumped. I also just found out that 2 of my cousins are pregnant!! I think something is in the water.  I am now officially on a water fast.  Only sweet tea for me for the next.... 10 years! Just kidding mom... not 10 years... maybe 5 or 8 or something.
  • This weekend is Father's (is it Fathers' or Father's... hmm... interesting thought) Day. Lots of emotions are involved in this one for me: forgiveness, love, thankfulness, striving for the opposite of bitterness, challenging, grace, mercy, hope.  I am thankful for all the men who have played such an important role in my life... SO THANKFUL. My youth pastor Ernie - such an amazing man of God and he has prayed fervently with me for 10 years and counting. My (now) father-in-law Mr. David, he accepted me as the crazy girl I am since day one and has encouraged me in that. My PawPaw - I don't even know where to begin... this is my PawPaw - he hurts when his (grand)children hurt, he celebrates when we celebrates, he laughs when we laugh, he cries when we cry, and he wants to beat anyone up who breaks our hearts! He is a wonderful man.  My daddy - I am thankful for so many memories growing up and the stories I have with him. I hope there will be many more to come :)

My favorite picture of restoration and a God who forgives and who allows His children to learn to forgive... and love.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At June 13, 2011 at 12:27 PM , Blogger Emily Joy said...

thanks ann! I love you so much and think you're the best, you know, just a really good person :) you inspire me all the time! i miss you! oh, and i think you're funny! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home