Monday, June 6, 2011

The BEAUTY I've seen lately!!

I haven't been a very good blogger recently. Probably because 1. I'm busy, 2. I don't know how to put into words what I'm learning, and 3. I just feel like you always need a 3rd option! :)

I have seen so much BEAUTY and so much JESUS lately it's hard to put it into words.

First, we had our May Connection dinner! What a blessing. It was so good. I don't know of a greater feeling than when you know God has called you and a church to do something, you do it, and He is faithful and SHOWS UP!! It's the best! Here are some pictures for the May Connection:
The line for getting some yummy hamburgers, corn, chips, and lots of desserts!!
2 precious little girls that I feel in love with.  I can't even pronounce their names so I'm not going to try to spell them. :)
THIS IS SO POWERFUL:
We had a family come who was displaced by the tornadoes in April.  We have them fill out a card so that we can keep in touch with them.  Please read the amazing prayer request they wrote. The last sentence is AMAZING! My God is bigger. He turns ashes into BEAUTY!

We also wrapped up the school year/Bible study year in May.  The girls' Bible study had a special dinner at a Mexican resturant in town. They all dressed cutesy and we had a blast together - as usual!!! Here are some fun pics from that:

This is Haleigh. We teach the girls together. She is such an awesome partner! I'm blessed that she is still with us!!!! :)

Aren't they pretty? The girls that are covering their faces are GORGEOUS too! They are just... girls! :)

The other table! :)
It was a great time and great food!

We JUST got back from the Girls' Bible Study 2nd Annual Lake Retreat!! haha!
We had an awesome time! We had 14 girls go + Haleigh and myself. We dove into 1 Timothy 4:12 and really emphasized how to be an EXAMPLE for Christ!! Here's some fun pics from the trip:

We all went tubing!! It was a blast! The next morning we were so sore from all the fun.
These girls are beautiful. They say the most profound things I have EVER heard. We are not teaching them. We are all growing together! They are beautiful, faithful, and striving to be like Christ. It's BEAUTIFUL to watch and to be apart of!

Take delight in the LORD, and he will give you the desires of your heart.
Psalm 37:4





Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home