Tuesday, August 28, 2012

WE ARE ADOPTING!!

I can finally ANNOUNCE it!! I have been holding back until I could tell my Bible study girls and all the people that needed to know before they saw it on Facebook! I got to tell my girls last night... and Jacob told his boys... so I can now tell the world!!! I think it's important to tell the girls/boys you are investing in the big stuff before you just announce it.  I know it was important for me when my mentors/role models told me things before I found out in a less personal way.  Anyways... THE NEWS: 

WE ARE ADOPTING!!! 

AHHH!! We JUST started the process. We have started our home study with Lifeline Children's Services and the adoption application process with One World Adoption Services. 
Our hearts have always been for adoption.  I actually have just wanted to adopt... none of that getting pregnant stuff (we'll see if that holds true). Our hearts have been broken for orphans - adoption is the Gospel. We were adopted into Christ's family... a forever family that we did not earn... we were ADOPTED by grace. He calls us His sons. He calls us beloved. AMEN! 

Jacob and I had decided earlier this year that we were going to wait longer before starting the adoption process and possibly have a biological child first.  You know... try out the whole parenting thing on our own genetically made kid and then do it for real on a child we adopt. Well.. God had other plans.  We had also made comments like,"well... we aren't ready to adopt. We will have kids when we are ready." God let us know recently that adoption is not about being ready... it's not about our comfort... it's about RESCUING KIDS and LOVING them because HE LOVES US! 

So... here we are.  We are starting the adoption process. Applying to adopt a 12-13 year old from Belize. Yep. That's what God has laid on our hearts to do. We will be obedient. We are believing Him like never before. 

We are told we will need to raise around $22,000 plus travel cost when we go to get our child. :)
God will show up. He will provide. He is faithful. 
We ask that you first and foremost partner with us in prayer.
That you pray for our hearts to grow and be equipped in the WAITING. That you pray for our child who is waiting to be adopted. That God will let them know they are loved and wanted and being pursued. That things will go smoothly with our home study and the adoption process.  That things on the Belize side will go well and we will find favor throughout. Pray that God will provide the money and resources needed. Pray... whatever He tells you to pray. :) 

Also, if you want to partner with us in raising the funds... we welcome that too. :) 
We are making clocks to sell for adoption funds. :) My hubby is actually making them and I am painting them.  It's been really fun doing crafts together knowing that this work and time is helping us bring home our child! HOW COOL! 

If you want one, email me - annamorgan121909@gmail.com

The regular size is 15in x 15in and are $30. 

The bigger size is 2 ft x 2 ft and are $50.
 We accept donations as well.  
If you need us to ship them to you... it will be a little extra.
You can special order them... any color, design, etc. Just let us know! :) 













This is the BIG one! 

We are super excited... and super nervous too. We know this is the crazy life God has called us to. We have no doubt this is the journey we are to take right now. 

So... as long as God allows it... we will be 25 years old (once it's all said and done), married for 3 years, with a 12-13 year old child!!! 
LOVE IT! God is good! 

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At August 28, 2012 at 1:56 PM , Blogger Lindsey Jo said...

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i. cannot. wait.

 
At August 29, 2012 at 12:20 PM , Blogger Laine said...

Anna and Jacob we are SO EXCITED for yall!!!!!! I am THRILLED to hear this wonderful news! And I have already written your names on our "adopting families" prayer board!!!!! We will be praying and helping you however we possibly can! I definitely want a clock!!!! Count me in!
A clock is a GREAT fundraising idea for adoptions, because it's all about the "timing", LOL! :)
We love yall!

 
At August 29, 2012 at 2:02 PM , Blogger Shalita said...

I am beaming from ear to ear!!! SO EXCITED for you!! Anna, I have already gotten an email from your Mom, "THE EXPECTANT GRANDMOTHER!" I love her and her excitement! I love you and Jacob and your excitement and even more, your obedience to our Father! I would love for you to "create" a special clock I can hang at the studio. And oh how we would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to join you in prayer and whatever else we can do to help with your sweet adoption!!!
I cannot wait to hear more and more as yall are able to share more about this precious journey!

 
At August 29, 2012 at 5:55 PM , Blogger Peach Momma said...

Anna, I don't know if you even know me but I am good friends with Jared and Ashley. I may have met you once or twice. I went to Auburn and knew them through Parkway. We have three kids through domestic adoption and I feel your excitement. We are praying for you and if you have any questions please oh please feel free to ask. I keep a blog for my kiddos to one day read at israeldig.blogspot.com. Our oldest was 6 when we adopted him and there were days that we just sat and cried together on his bed talking about his past. But God is soooo good and has showed our whole family his Redeeming power. You will find more and more of God's character through the adoption journey than you ever thought possible!

Oh, and I want a clock...a $30 one...plus whatever shipping is to Texas. I really like the one at the top right with the natural colors of wood, white numbers with dots and some stain!!!
Much much love and prayers!

 
At September 14, 2012 at 5:28 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That’s a wonderful decision, Anna and Jacob! Your child will be proud to have such kind and hard-working parents like you guys. Let’s hope the child you adopt also gets the same enthusiasm you have for creativity and art. Truly, the only connection that matters is the one that comes from the heart. Keep counting your blessings!


Aiko Dumas

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home