Saturday, August 11, 2012

Friday - Caye Caulker

Friday was just a fun day.
We got to see another side of beauty of Belize.  The true beauty was seen in the people and ministry... but this part was very enjoyable too! :) 



Getting ready to snorkel.




The water was BEAUTIFUL!! It looks like we are in a pool... but we aren't. The water was about 12 feet deep right here.
Snorkeling was fun... and intense. We saw some cool fish and coral reef, but our guide was a for real MERMAID!!!! She swam SOOO fast. We couldn't keep up with her.  She would swim down and point out something she wanted us to see, but we couldn't see it because we were all about 20 feet behind her!!!! We were pooped by the time we get back in the boat! 
She was crazy! 









We got to go to another site as well.
Here we got to swim with sting rays and nurse sharks!!! It was AWESOME!! 








Here's Caye Caulker! They pronounce it KEY Caulker though... I don't get it.
It's BEAUTIFUL.  It's only about 5 miles wide and 1 mile deep!! it's the cutest thing ever. Not sure how people actually live on it, but I would love to go back for a vacay! It was SOOO peaceful and chill. 

Here's were we stayed!!! It was great...and pretty inexpensive! The most expensive room was only $75/night!!! YES! 

This was yummy! We all ate hamburgers... we are so American.


I was pumped! 

Funny.

At Caye Caulker there are no cars... just golf carts. 

 I saw some pelicans. I love them. 
Praying Pelicans...

I love this pic! I got to room with Kels, Kaitlyn, and Deanna our night at the Caye. :) It was lovely.

Our dinner restaurant. It was cute and quaint.

See.


All of us, including the Canadians got to talk about our highlights from the week. It was a really special time hearing our students' hearts. I loved these moments. 






I got to share some of my heart. I probably could have talked for hours... but I controlled myself.
I just talked about how God is a prayer-answering, miracle-working God. And that He is. He is faithful. I saw SOOO many prayers answered and new desires ignited.  I saw miracles. I believe more are in the works.
I also talked about how sometimes we don't understand all the reasons for short-term mission trips.  We don't see the end results of the seeds that were planted. You can't disciple someone in 1 week. You can't do everything you want to. Etc. BUT... I love Praying Pelican Missions because they don't leave it like that. They go back to the same places, make relationships with the churches, continue to love on the people, and continue to water the seeds.  God laid 1 Peter 2:4-5 on my heart:

And you are living stones that God is building into his spiritual temple. What’s more, you are his holy priests. Through the mediation of Jesus Christ, you offer spiritual sacrifices that please God.

Each team, each person, each ministry, each moment of the short-term missions are being built into something so great we cannot even fathom it! I love it! So grateful to be a part of the temple and priesthood.

as Jacob, the fearless leader talked... I cried. 
I love his heart - for our students, for people, for Eric at the orphanage, for our future, for ministry, for the Lord. 
Ohh... he is a miracle and I'm so blessed to be his partner in this life! 

After talking and eating we went exploring on the island...

We found ice cream! YUM! 

Our team! 

I love them. 

And then... we found the most random thing in the world on this tiny island...


A basketball game!! haha! 



We were exhausted... but in this best way possible. 
The week was incredible.


Saturday morning... 


Saying good-bye...

Riding back to Belize City.

Mrs. Pam and the Capt'





My last Coke Light from Belize... YUM! 

Saying good bye to our wonderful bus driver... Arthur!! 

On the plane. :) 
HAHA! 

We were pretty delirious after arriving back in Atlanta... everything was funny... especially these faces of Zack's!!! 



Gosh... what a great trip. 
The words written here can't describe what happen in the hearts of all our team members... but at least you have a taste of the faithfulness and goodness of God in our Belize trip.

If you are interested in going on a short term mission trip... GO WITH PRAYING PELICAN!! They are amazing! Check them out:

www.prayingpelicanmissions.org 




Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home