Monday, August 20, 2012

wAiTiNg...to be slippers

Waiting...

To stay in place in expectation of
To remain stationary in readiness and expectation 
To hold back expectantly
To be ready and available... like slippers waiting by the bed

These are definitions for waiting.  A word I'm not too crazy about... but God is calling me/us into a season of... waiting. And I'm okay with it.

How I long to be the bed slippers of the King... ready and available to move when He's ready. To be equipped to act when He says... Now is the time.  To be trained and taught and tried and true. To be filled with His feet... His will, His Spirit... to walk with Him. Yes... that's the goal. To wait... to learn... to be molded to His feet... and then to walk... wherever and however He guides me. 

He has big plans for the Morgans this year. I am having to carefully type this so that I don't get ahead of God... I tend to do that... I am practicing waiting.  I would love to just blare it on a loudspeaker all the things He is stirring in us... but He says to wait.  So... wait we will. I will hold back expectantly... expecting HUGE things from a HUGE God.  He is expanding my FAITH like never before.  Trust we must. We will BELIEVE in Him because He is so good. I'm so excited for all He is doing!!!! :) He knows my heart and He is just so stinkin' good! Amen? 

If you are in a season of waiting too... LOOK AROUND... what is He trying to teach you?  Don't miss it! I pray I don't miss it.  The lessons in the waiting... so good. 

On a side note... my hubby has lost over 40 lbs! That's nuts! He is looking even more hunky! :) He has just been counting calories and exercising a bit.  I have been counting calories too... to maintain my mass and just for fun.... but I am puzzled.  I understand that when you lose weight... you lose fat... and the lumps in a girl's chest area are fat... but really?? This girl here has never been gifted in that area anyways and when I "lose weight"... I'm losing MORE of them??? I don't understand!! Can I not lose some baggage in the thigh area and keep what I have??? Ugh... How do skinny people on TV still fill out their shirts? O yea... they are fake. I forgot.  Okay... I'm done... just don't understand why they must shrink even more...
But YAY to my hubby... we ate brownies to celebrate! 

Last thought - One of my favorite people, Amy sent me these verses in a text message the other day. I love them.  They are good in all translations of the Bible, of course... but the Message is so beautiful.

  But there's one other thing I remember, 
and remembering, I keep a grip on hope:
 22-24God's loyal love couldn't have run out, 
   his merciful love couldn't have dried up.
They're created new every morning. 
   How great your faithfulness!
I'm sticking with God (I say it over and over). 
   He's all I've got left.

 25-27God proves to be good to the man who passionately waits, 
   to the woman who diligently seeks.
It's a good thing to quietly hope, 
   quietly hope for help from God.
It's a good thing when you're young 
   to stick it out through the hard times.

 28-30When life is heavy and hard to take, 
   go off by yourself. Enter the silence.
Bow in prayer. Don't ask questions: 
   Wait for hope to appear.
Don't run from trouble. Take it full-face. 
   The "worst" is never the worst.

 31-33Why? Because the Master won't ever 
   walk out and fail to return.
If he works severely, he also works tenderly. 
   His stockpiles of loyal love are immense.
He takes no pleasure in making life hard, 
   in throwing roadblocks in the way


Lamenations 3:21-33

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home