Saturday, October 1, 2011

my new name :)

Hello!

So... a few years ago, when I was still in Knoxville I was blessed to be a "leader" in an amazing small group of girls. The leader and my forever mentor dedicated a night for each us to come up with a NEW NAME for every other person there.  It was kind of like an Indian name.  One of my, for example was CONTAGIOUS JOY! That was one of my favorite things EVER!!! I love the promise Christ gives us in Revelation -

To everyone who is victorious I will give some of the manna that has been hidden away in heaven. And I will give to each one a white stone, and on the stone will be engraved a new name that no one understands except the one who receives it. Revelation 2:17


I LOVE IT!!! 


I brought that same concept to the girls here in Troy and it gave us all the opportunity to speak truth over each other, encourage each other, and for us to understand what others see in us.  It's powerful.  My favorite name given during the time here for me was Devoted Dolphin :) 


The name I gave my husband was Truth Speaker.  He always speaks truth.  Sometimes I wish he wasn't so honest all the time, but most of the time I am so thankful for his ability to see me, to know my heart, and to speak truth to me when I so often believe the lies.  I am thankful for my Truth Speaker.  He speaks truth to the youth, his family, his friends, and into his own life. I asked him to give me a new name. He thought about it for a while and in my birthday card... he gave me a new name and I want to share it with you.




Persistent Peacock
In my card he wrote, "I love that you never give up on anything or anyone. I also think that when you show your true colors you're the most beautiful person the planet!  I love you for being the most Godly, beautiful, crazy, loving, fun, adventurous, hyper, and caring person I know! God could have never blessed me with a greater wife!"


I know some of you are gagging... but that was SO special to me.  Better than any gift could ever be... a new name. An identity that shows the power of Christ in a life.  I love it. I just wanted to share it with you and to tell you that I love my husband a lot.


I also can't wait to get to heaven to get the name Jesus has picked for me.  A secret, precious name that only my Savior and I know!!! How intimate is our Redeemer!!! 




P.S. The movie, COURAGEOUS is AwEsOmE!!!! Every man should go see it with his family. It was great!! You laugh (hard), cry, get anxious, get teary, smile... It's VERY emotional!!! Go see it and support this movie and be called to be COURAGEOUS!!! 

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home